The last of the rain passed through around 6:30 this morning, and with my coffee in hand I went to survey the work to be done on the mural. By 10am the wall was dry enough to paint. I took care of my touch up notes to adjust some colors before I began on the windows. An hour later I was mixing the window color and looking forward to finishing up today. No such luck. I did not have trouble with the wall that ran along the path. Rather, small rivulets of water randomly ran down the “off stage” section of the painting as the flower beds drained and pooled on the ledge above me. There is no way around it. I am going to have to wait a couple days after the last rain to get this section. Bummer because there is only 30 minutes or so of work left to finish, leaving only the text details remaining for Saturday. No point in fretting over it. I’ll just head into the city to draw. Happy painting.